Mirror glaze aka shiny cakes are the latest trend in the cake world. These pretty mirror cakes are so impressive and yet so easy to master. The Recipe is simple and easy – what difficult is waiting to enjoy your treats. inside of this cake is a Chocolate Mousse Cake with a Chocolate Torte insert.
This mirror glaze is not my recipe; it’s a recipe I found online.
HOW TO MAKE A MIRROR GLAZE CAKE
Mirror glaze aka shiny cakes are the latest trend in the cake world. These pretty mirror cakes are so impressive and yet so easy to master. The Recipe is simple and easy – what difficult is waiting to enjoy your treats.
This mirror glaze is not ourrecipe; it’s a recipe we found online.
SO WHAT’S THE MIRROR GLAZE MADE OF ?
Well, it’s kinda sweet! It’s has sugar, glucose, condensed milk, gelatin and white chocolate. Having said that; you don’t really use so much on the cake. You still need to make more than you need. But It barely coats the cake in a thin film that really does not make much of a difference to the cake recipe.
WHAT KIND OF CAKE IS BEST SUITED FOR MIRROR GLAZE?
Ideally you want something that has a smooth finish. If you have a bumpy cake you will see that glaze will coat and show those bumps and dips. So it’s good to either have a smooth frosted cake for best results. And it’s best on frozen cakes because the gelatin sets as soon as it hit the chilled cake.
RECIPE – MIRROR GLAZE RECIPE
For the glaze
- 1 tbsp gelatin
- 1/4 cup water + 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup Glucose
- 150 grams / 2/3 cup Sugar
- 100 grams / 4 oz or 1/2 cup Condensed Milk
- 150 grams or 5 oz – White Chocolate
- Have all your ingredients ready so you do not leave out anything
- Pour 1/4 cup into the gelatin – let bloom/ soak
- In a heavy based sauce pan – add glucose, sugar, condensed milk and remaining water
- Let come to a boil on low to medium heat.
- Once all the sugar has dissolved – and the mixture has come to a nice slow boil.
- Take it off the heat. Let rest for a minute before you add the white chocolate.
- The heat in the mixture should be enough to melt the white chocolate.
- next add in the soaked/bloomed gelatin – Let it melt
- If you want strain the mixture to remove any undissolved gelatin or not melted chocolate.
- Divide glaze for a second color if you need.
- Color glaze and let come to room temperature.
- Use glaze as shown in the mirror at room temperature.